Continental cuisine – how to make Mexican rice easy steps.
We will be learning a very interesting and nice recipe on how to prepare a delicious Spanish Meal “Mexican rice”. As you know Mexican rice is also called “Spanish rice de Mexico”
Mexican rice is traditionally made by sauteeing the rice in a skillet with oil or fat until it is colored golden Brown. Mexican rice is cooked with tomato paste and is often referred to as “red rice”.
It can also be prepared using other vegetables like green peas, bell peppers, and sweetcorn. The name Spanish rice is only used in the US, It does not originate in Spanish. In Iran and Persian cuisine is a similar dish called Istanboli polo. This dish is very easy and simple to make.
So let’s proceed:
Have you ever imagined yourself preparing different continental dishes? Well, you now have the opportunity to make that dream come true peculiarly and uniquely. MEXICAN RICE
See also: Simple homemade Chinese fried rice
Recipe for Mexican rice
- Basmati rice or long-grain white rice 1½
- Oil 2 tbsp
- Chopped garlic 2 tbsp
- Onion 1 finely chopped
- Tomato paste ½cup
- Bells pepper as desired
- Green peas 1/2 Cup
- Salt pinch
- Black pepper little
- Water 2½ Cup
- Sweet corn
- jalapeno pepper
- red chili powder
- red chili flakes
- seasoning cubes
Always arrange all ingredients in a working space before you start cooking to avoid missing out on any ingredients.
- So the number one step is to soak your Basmati rice for 30 minutes to make it soft a little then sieve and set aside.
- Chop your onion and garlic, measure out your ingredients in a different bowl as I said earlier.
- At medium heat place, a nonstick pan on fire then add in your oil. When hot add your finely chopped garlic and onion. Stir-fry it till it changes to Golden Brown.
- Add in the rice and stir fry for a while like 2 – 4 minutes Add your green peas, bells pepper, and all spices i.e (salt, black pepper, red chili powder, red chili flakes, oregano, and seasoning cube). Continue stir-frying while adding those ingredients.
- Afterward, add in your tomato paste as you gently stir fry it. Then add water and mix gently, allowing it to cook without covering it.
- Then add your sweet corn and your jalapeno pepper cover and allow to steam and reduce your heat.
Having read this article I believe you will be able to prepare this dish. Just keep practicing this recipe and watch yourself become a pro in making various continental dishes.
please share if you want someone else to benefit you can also drop a comment in the comment box below Thanks.
You can also read about: