How to make chocolate cake recipe step by step:
Chocolate cake is the best and most popular cake. It secures the first rank. One can hardly find a person who doesn’t love and enjoy chocolate cake.
Chocolate cake is my favorite type of cake, it is so moist and fantastic, whether you eat it plain, dust it with powdered sugar or serve it with a dollop of cream, it is perfectly perfect.
So in this content, we will be sharing a perfect recipe, made step by step for chocolate cake. But before then
What makes it chocolate cake?
Chocolate cake is made with chocolate or cocoa. It also includes other ingredients including; fudge, vanilla crème, and other sweeteners.
Chocolate cake goes back to the century when cocoa powder from the Americans was added to traditional cake recipes. Popular variants of chocolate cake include:
traditional cake, black forest gateau chocolate, soufflé cake, devil’s food cake, ding dong molten chocolate cake, red velvet cake, etc.
Making chocolate cake is very easy; its batter can be made in a bowl without the use of a heavy-duty mixer, which makes it a lot easier.
Let’s move to the recipe for making a chocolate cake:
Chocolate cake recipe step by step:
I’m not going to mess with you; this recipe comes out very rich and moist. The perfect combination of oil, milk, and hot water makes this recipe stand out without having to use melted chocolate.
A bite can put a big smile on your face. What I would you to do is to follow it step by step, to get a perfect result.
The ingredients for this recipe are as follows:
- All-purpose flour – 2 cups (250 g)
- Cocoa powder – ½ cup
- Egg – 2 large eggs
- Baking powder – (2 tsp for in-active baking powder, and 1 tsp for an active baking powder )
- Baking soda – 1 ½ tsp
- Vinegar / lime orange– 1 tbsp
- Buttermilk – I cup
Already made buttermilk can be purchased in a store or supermarket or as a homemade substitute (consisting of 1 cup of room temperature milk + vinegar or lime juice).
How to make 1 cup of milk in replace liquid milk using powdered milk. All you need is 1/3 cup of powdered milk + 1 cup (250ml) of water, stir well and that’s your one cup of milk.
- Oil – ½ (canola oil works best for baking)
- Vanilla extract – a drop ( if you are making use of vanilla essence you can use 1 tsp)
- Hot water – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1 ½
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Coffee – ½ tsp (optional)
- Browning (optional)
Steps in making a chocolate cake:
Having provided all the ingredients. Always measure and set aside all ingredients for every dish you want to prepare.
- Preheat your oven to 1800c (3500f), get an 8” pan, and grease it by spraying with baking spray or buttering and lightly flouring. A parchment paper could be used.
- In a large mixing bowl mix all dry ingredients together including flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, and salt. Sieve about 4 – 5 times.
- Make a hole in the middle of the dry ingredients mixture and add in your egg + vanilla + buttermilk + veg. oil (canola), using a hand whisk stir till it is properly mixed. Note: don’t over mix. You are almost there!!!
- Afterward, mix hot water and coffee, then add to the batter stir gently then add your browning and mix well.
Finally, transfer the batter into your greased pan, place it in your preheated oven, and bake at low heat.
DURATION: 30 – 45 mins
How to know your bake is ready!
For you to know it’s properly baked insert a wooden skewer into the center, if it comes out clean, then it’s ready.
Note: (do not overbake) Leaving your cake long in the oven makes it hard and stop its moist nature….
Other recipes you may like: