Salt lick potato salad recipe – simple homemade recipe
Hello there, this is cooking reviews, a platform where we share legit cooking tips and recipes for our users around the globe. Have you been looking for a perfect Salt lick potato salad recipe? Are you a lover of salt lick BBQ sauce? Or do you want to try out a unique salad recipe using potatoes? Then you are in the right place to get all your questions answered.
In today’s edition, we will share a unique salad recipe using potato, salt lick BBQ sauce, and other ingredients. To get every knowledge about this dish called the “Salt lick potato salad recipe,” read to end and you won’t regret it. Join me as we proceed. First, let’s know what “Salt lick potato salad recipe” and Salt lick are.
SEE ALSO: Straub’s chicken salad recipe – Homemade chicken salad recipe
What is Salt Lick all about?
Salt lick is a BBQ institution located just outside Austin in Driftwood, Texas. Salt lick’s BBQ sauce is a unique kind of sauce many people love. There are many great places for BBQ in Texas, but when it comes to salt lick, BBQ is a maximum Eden of delicacies.
What is a Salt lick potato salad recipe?
Salt lick potato salad recipe Is a simple and easy-to-make vegan and vegetarian side dish salad recipe to salt lick BBQ. This recipe as a side dish to salt lick BBQ sauce is top-notch. Trust me, you will love this recipe, especially for potato lovers.
I was once introduced to salt lick BBQ sauce, and ever since then, I have always loved it, especially with some side dishes like the Salt lick potato salad recipe. It is just so amazing. For the love of this dish, I had to make one for my family and me at home, and my family always loved it. So we will share that recipe with you in this article.
Homemade Salt lick potato salad recipe
There are quite a several recipes out there, the recipe that will be shared is easy, and you can find most of its ingredients can be easily in a super mart. For this recipe, we will need:
- Potatoes (Yukon gold) – 10 – 15 medium
- Salt lick BBQ sauce (gluten-free) – ½ cup
- Mayonnaise – ½ cup
- Yellow onions – 1-2 medium
- Celery seed – 1 tablespoon
- Pickle juice – 1 cup
- Vinaigrette – ½ cup
- Salt, white and black pepper – as required
- Potato (Yukon gold): for this recipe, Yukon gold potato will be used. You could peel it before or after boiling (it is easier to peel after boiling).
- Salt lick BBQ sauce: one can say that this is the main thing about this recipe. One thing about this BBQ sauce is that it is gluten-free.
- Mayonnaise: most salad recipes call for mayonnaise, and this recipe is no different from others.
- Yellow onions: your onion should be marinated as it is one of the main ingredients that bring out the taste and flavor of this dish
- Pickle juice: this is used to marinate the onion in this recipe
- Vinaigrette: this ingredient is used for the salad dressing and is perfect.
- Salt, white and black pepper: these ingredients are to be added as required. Some people like their salad to be a bit spicy and hot. If you fall under this category of people, you can add a little chili while mixing your potato salad.
READ THIS: Goldenberry smoothie – five different recipes
Procedures for making Salt lick potato salad recipe
- Firstly, marinate the onion by chopping them in a round shape and placing them in a bowl.
- Add the pickle juice to chopped onion pieces, then put in a fridge overnight.
- Using clean water, thoroughly Wash and clean your potato, peel them, and cut them into a cubic form (or your desired shape: but I will advise you cut them in a cube-like form). It should be a one-inch shape.
- Place a cooking pot on the fire, add in your peeled and diced potato, combined little salt, and put to boil for about 15- 20 minutes, if not less (or until they a mushy when touched by a fork).
- Sieve the water content in the cooked potato and place your potato to a boil. Add salt, pepper (white and black), and celery seed. Place in a fridge for it to cool down for 5-10minutes (make sure it is cool) and get ready to be served.
- Finally, mix your vinaigrette and mayonnaise with BBQ sauce together. Deflate the marinated onion and add all the ingredients to the potatoes. Gently stir them together.
- Serve and enjoy!!!
- Ensure all ingredients are set aside before you start your preparation (this helps you prevent missing anything).
- Don’t forget to marinate your onions. This step is one of the main steps of this dish. It helps bring out its perfect flavor and taste.
- Ensure you don’t place your boiled potato in a watery container to avoid getting it glued when preparing the salad potato.
- We all know any potato would work, but the ideal potato is the “Yukon gold potato.”
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT SALT LICK POTATO SALAD RECIPE
- Should the potatoes cool down before making potato salad?
If you read this article, you will discover I let mine cool down before making the potato salad. The reason is that allowing it to cool down for a while will not make it oily during the salad mixing process. So let it cool down as you don’t want to spoil your meal.
- Boiling or baking my potatoes which is the best for potato salad?
I haven’t tried baking my potatoes for my potato salad. But I can say that boiling is the best way.
- Why is my potato salad gluey?
The result of having a gluey potato salad is when you keep your potatoes in a watery container for a long. (note: potato absorbs water and probably emits them during the salad mixing process) so know how to place your potatoes to avoid that mess.
- How long can this potato salad recipe last?
Based on my experience, it can last in the fridge for 3-5 days but note that it is best made and eaten at once for you to enjoy its unique flavor and taste.
- Can I use any other kind of potato aside from the Yukon gold?
Yes, you can. There is always an exception. It won’t give you the same taste as the Yukon gold will.
And this is where we draw the cotton on today’s edition, do well by trying this recipe out; if you encounter any difficulty, kindly drop them in the comment section below, and they will be attended to. Please share this article with your friends and family if you find it helpful. Stick to this website for more recipes.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
Dirty chai smoothie – homemade recipe
Tigernut milk – How to make Tigernut milk
Sardine bread- homemade sardine bread recipe