Simple homemade Chinese fried rice
Chinese fried rice is a family of fried rice dishes popular in greater China and around the world. Making Chinese fried rice is so easy and quick, customizable with any of your favorite blend-ins and so irresistibly delicious.
|Chinese fried rice|
It is every family’s choice growing up my mum usually prepares Chinese fried rice every weekend it became our family’s tradition and every single Saturday for lunch I ordered the same thing “Chinese fried rice and chicken” my favorites.
My mum made me see how amazing Chinese fried rice could be with slightly crispy edges so enriched with savory flavors and filled with plenty of extra veggies, eggs, and proteins.
I learned her recipe and I began to experiment on what to add to make mine exceptionally rich and delicious and then I landed on this recipe and it has been my favorites ever since. It is distinctly fast to make it easy to personalize together with your favorite add-ins.
I have been making this for years now if you have been looking for a good recipe then try this, and trust me you will enjoy it too.
Let’s move to the recipe for making a simple homemade fried rice.
It is so simple and brief.
You might also like: Continental cuisine – how to make Mexican rice easy steps.
Ingredients for Chinese fried
- Cooked basmati rice – 2 cups (cold)
- Eggs – 1 egg
- Veggies- carrots (shredded or diced),
- spring onions finely chopped
- green peas,
- bells pepper (green and red) optional – Diced
- Soy sauce – 1tsp
- Butter 4 tbsp
- Seasoning cubes – 1- 2 cubes
|Chinese fried rice|
- In a small bowl beat egg and set aside
- In a large skillet at medium heat add 1 tbsp of butter to allow it to melt. Then add your egg and allow to cook for 1 to 2 minutes
- Afterward, remove from skillet and cut into shreds
- Heat 3 tablespoons of butter in the same skillet add onion and saute until soft add your veggies (carrots, spring onions, bells pepper (red-and-green) and stir fry for a minute then add seasoning cube, soy sauce stir for like 5 seconds then add rice and mix well till the ingredients are all combined for about 3 to 5 minutes and then stir in egg.
SERVE HOT…… And enjoy.