White Trash Hash – perfect homemade white trash hash recipe
Hi there, welcome to cooking reviews, a platform where we share legit cooking recipes and tips for our users worldwide. In today’s edition, we will look at a unique breakfast dish called the White Trash Hash.
You might be searching for a delicious and easy-to-make white trash hash recipe, am pleased to let you know that all you need is this article. I plead that you read to the end of this article to get the full recipe for this dish.
Also read: Salt lick potato salad recipe – easy homemade recipe
What is White Trash Hash?
An ideal White Trash Hash is a simple Preparing a hash (vegetable oil, hash browns, large onion, bell pepper, kosher salt. etc.) And a gravy (all-purpose flour, whole milk, Pinch of cayenne) than dressing them together to give a good taste and flavor.
This dish”white trash hash” is an easy recipe to pull together. I make this for my family for breakfast and even dinner. It is just an amazing dish to start your day with, so we will share a special recipe just for you. Join me as we proceed.
How to prepare White Trash Hash
Trust me there are a lot of recipes out there in the media, YouTube, and lots more. But this article will reveal to you a delicious and flavorful recipe.
Ingredients for making white trash hash:
For this dish you will need:
FOR THE HASH
- Vegetable oil – 2 tablespoons
- frozen hash browns – 1 lb (not thawed)
- Onion – 1 large diced
- Bell pepper – 1 medium chopped
- kosher salt – as required
- Freshly ground black pepper – as required
- Garlic – 3 cloves minced
- Jalapeño – 1 thinly sliced
- Monterey Jack – 1 Shredded
- Eggs – 4 large
- Chives – chopped for garnish
FOR THE GRAVY
- Italian sausage – ⅓ lb. casings removed
- All-purpose flour – 2 tbsp
- whole milk – 1 cup
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
See more: Avocado and peanut butter dip – homemade recipe
Procedures for making white trash hash:
- In a large saucepan, heat oil at medium heat. Add hash browns and cook undisturbed for 10 minutes, then flip and cook 5 minutes more, until golden and crispy.
- Afterward, Add onions and bell pepper and season with salt and pepper. Cook until tender, 5 minutes more. Add garlic and sliced jalapeño and cook until fragrant, 1 minute.
- Add cheese to hash browns and let melt, for 2 minutes. Stir together so hash browns are fully cheesy.
- Make four nests for eggs and crack eggs in each. Season eggs with salt and pepper. Cover and cook until whites are set and yolks are still slightly runny for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make breakfast gravy: Cook sausage in a medium skillet over medium heat until browned all over. Sprinkle flour over the sausage and cook for 1 minute.
- Pour over the milk and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until very thick, about 5 minutes. Season with salt, pepper, and cayenne. Remove from heat.
- Serve hash drizzled with breakfast gravy and garnished with chives.
- Ensure you set all your ingredients aside before you start your preparation
- Ingredients like salt were not given measurements. So do well to use your discretion in adding these ingredients.
- Have it in mind that no “white trash” breakfast is complete without a classic sausage breakfast gravy.
Note: while the eggs cook in the hash, you sauté Italian sausage until golden, add some flour and milk, and let it thicken until nice and creamy.
- You can double or quadruple its ingredients if you need a larger portion.
Nutritional facts about white trash hash:
- Carb – 32 g
- Dietary Fiber – none
- Sugar – 6 g
- Fat – 34 g
- Saturated – 17 g
- Polyunsaturated – none
- Monounsaturated – none
- Trans – none
- Protein – 23 g
- Sodium – 738 mg
- Potassium – 712 mg
- Cholesterol – 223 mg
- Vitamin A – 32 %
- Vitamin C – 67 %
- Calcium – 34 %
- Iron – 17 %
Read this: Straub’s chicken salad recipe – Homemade chicken salad recipe
While we were kids our parents usually tell us to eat our vegetables, that is because this is important for a healthy and balanced body as the saying goes “health is wealth”. Along with possessing a variety of vitamins and minerals, you will in addition find that some vegetables also provide potassium.
One of the vegetables which will supply you with the potassium you’ll need is broccoli. Spinach can also be something that you might want to start consuming more of as it includes a lot more vitamins and minerals when compared with other vegetables.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food white trash hash recipe. I am confident that you will make this at home. Trust me this recipe is worth trying and I believe you will love it. Don’t forget to stick to this website for more recipes, and share it with your family, friends, and colleague. Thanks again for reading.
You might also like:
How to cook thooyamalli rice
Edikaikong soup – Homemade Edikaikong soup recipe
Crab shala recipe – homemade crab shala recipe